Virginia Aquarium Winter E-cycling Adds Household Hazardous Waste to January 24 Event
(VIRGINIA BEACH, VA) The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center in partnership with City of Virginia Beach Public Works, TFC Recycling, and Goodwill Industries will offer its semi-annual E-cycling event Saturday, January 24, from 10 a.m. 2 p.m. at the Virginia Aquarium East Parking Lot.
Acceptable personal electronic recyclable items include:
- Personal computers and laptops
- Telephones, cell phones and PDA’s
- Televisions smaller than 32”
- Circuit boards and components
- Monitors and flat screens
- Fax machines
- Stereo equipment and game systems
- Regular recycling materials such as newspapers, bottles and cans will also be accepted.
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste items include:
- Up to five gallons of liquids or up to 75 pounds of dry materials
- Aerosol spray cans
- Automotive fluids
Alkaline (AA, AAA, C, D), Boat, Car,
Camera, Cell phone, Hearing aid,
Lead acid, Lithium, Rechargeable, Trucks
- Household cleaners
- Gasoline (up to 5 gallons)
- Pool Chemicals
- Light bulbs – small quantities of CFLs or fluorescent tubes
- Oil and water based paint
- Propane tanks (small – up to 20 lb. capacity)
- For further tips visit www.VBgov.com/landfill.
Electronic recycling events help to divert electronic “waste” away from landfills and back into the economy. To date, the Aquarium’s e-cycling events have collected nearly 200 tons of electronic material since this program’s inception in September 2009. Each E-cycling event collects an average of 30 tons per event. The Virginia Aquarium is located at 717 General Booth Blvd. Visit www.virginiaaquarium.com or call (757)385-0262 for more E-cycling Event information.