General Election: November 2, 2010
Final day of registration: October 12, 2010 (postmarked, or delivered by normal closing time for the receiving office)
Absentee ballot applications by mail deadline: October 26, 2010 by 5:00 pm (MUST BE RECEIVED BY YOUR CITY OR COUNTY VOTER REGISTRATION OFFICE)
Absentee Voting in Person deadline: October 30, 2010 (CONTACT YOUR CITY OR COUNTY VOTER REGISTRATION OFFICE FOR HOURS OF OPERATION)
Ballots Available for Absentee voting: September 17, 2010 (approximately)
Return voted ballot by mail: November 2, 2010 by 7:00 pm (MUST BE RECEIVED BY YOUR CITY OR COUNTY VOTER REGISTRATION OFFICE)
Other Tips to Make Sure that Your Vote can be Counted!
- Make sure that your mailed Voter Registration application is postmarked by the voter registration deadline.
- Register to vote and request your ballot early if voting absentee.
- If you've moved recently, submit a new Voter Registration (or Absentee Ballot Request form if voting absentee) with your new residence address by the voter registration deadline.
- Complete, sign and date all election materials as directed.
- Make sure that your Voter Registration application is postmarked.
- Mail the signed and completed absentee ballot application to the city or county voter registration office.
- If voting absentee by mail, carefully follow all instructions included with your absentee ballot and return your voted ballot as soon as you receive it.
- Make certain that your voted ballot is signed and properly witnessed
- If you are living, working, volunteering or studying overseas for an extended period of time, please use the Federal Post Card Application to request your absentee ballot.
- Virginia does not require a notary’s signature for the Federal Post Card Application.
- If you are active duty military, merchant marine or the spouse or dependent residing with the military or merchant marine member, please use the Federal Post Card Application to request your absentee ballot.
- If qualified overseas or active duty military, use the Back-up Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot if your requested state absentee ballot has not arrived in time to ensure delivery by your state's deadline.
- If you use the Federal Write in Absentee Ballot, make certain that is signed and properly witnessed and that you and your witness provide your address and printed name.